The Design Brief: To create an imaginative, inexpensive and immersive ‘set’ for The Scots School Albury’s primary school production of ‘Newtopia’.
The aim of the show was to encourage the student’s ownership and creativity of design and use of everyday materials to create a dynamic set to compliment their class devised show.
Inclusive in this process was:
- A collaborative project timeline
- Consultative overview of needs for each ‘space’ for the performance
- Concept drawings of the overall structure and set design
- Suggested resource list of materials and tools for set creation and construction
- Samples and examples of components to be created during class time with students
- Set building instruction, liaison and support with school based art teachers
- Set installation and support
Collaboration, cross-curricular learning, imagination, artmaking, upcycling